|“||A new foe -- the Brachiosaur -- joins the fray in this all-new tower event.
Best this evil and let loose a rainbow of victory!
|~ In-game description|
Conviction and Condemnation is a Ranked "battle tower" event offered in June 2019. It's a short path, but you're up against the very powerful Brachiosaur.
- Appearance: June 24 – July 1, 2019
- Event type: progressive Tower Battle
How to Participate
- Select "Conviction and Condemnation" from the Act 2 world map -- its own red spot.
- This event is only accessible after a player clears the Runic Temple in Chapter 1
There is a suggestion that, with current events in Act 2 Chapter 4: One Small Pebble: Breaking Limits, this is a dragon that has arisen from the depths of Palamecia to enact retribution of some sort, but nothing has been stated.
Play in this area works up a single chain of levels, from the beginning Abyss level up to the top Ragnarok level. As you work your way up the tower, the battles at each level will get progressively harder.
Each area has three battles:
- The first one is against general fiend fodder.
- The second one is against Sub-Bosses and Bosses.
- The third features the Brachiosaur.
Brachiosaur throws a LARGE number of ailments at you!
- If the Brachiosaur's red break gauge is higher than its HP gauge, it will cast Condemn at you. This will inflict medium-scale damage and removes two of your boons! This includes Enhanced boons! Keep this creature broken or it'll take all of your boons away!
- When its HP gauge gets low enough, it will cast Rainbow at you. This hits with multiple elements, and throws multiple ailments at you based on which elements you're vulnerable to. You can avoid these by having elemental resistance up for each element, from Element Drive or other abilities:
|Ailment||Blocked by element|
|Bio||can't be resisted.|
- Each ailment the Brachiosaur successfully lands will reduce its Brachiosaur Counter. Once this counter hits zero, the Brachiosaur will cast Convergence at you, hitting with 99,999 damage. Almost certainly a one-hit kill!
- Brachiosaur will change between Fire and Light affinity after recovering from Break.
|“||A dragon from antiquity has reared its head once more, its roar piercing the sky and shattering the heavens. As hope turns into despair, what succor is there for the helpless?||„|
|~ World Map description|
The region is the standard Tower of Trials -- one path with a staircase up, leading up to the top at the 10th "Ragnarok" level. You cannot return to previous levels once they've been beaten.
After completing the Highest Level: Ragnarok, you enter the "Phantasmic Coil" areas. This is a set of 5 areas that repeat in an infinite loop, also with an increasing difficulty with each area finished. On these levels, there is no fifth Rental Card allowed, and if you lose, you cannot use Phoenix Downs to continue.
A Prize of Ability Ticket x5 is handed out for each loop of 5 completed.
There are 16 total areas, including the Phantasmic Coil and the Starting Area. There are 11 treasure chests. Since the treasure chest in the Phantasmic Coil regenerates on each pass, the region technically cannot be Cleared.
|Lowest level: Abyss||-||-||-||(starting point)|
|1st Level||2||3|| Brachiosaur awaits.
Resist its Rainbow ability,
which causes seven status ailments, by using element drives!
| Elixir x3 |
Phoenix Down x3
|2nd Level||2||3||Brachiosaur awaits.||Fire x200,000 |
|3rd Level||3||3||Brachiosaur awaits.||Wind x200,000 |
|4th Level||3||3||Brachiosaur awaits.||Light x200,000 |
Gold Opener x1
|5th Level||4||3||Brachiosaur awaits.|| Fire Pneuma |
|6th Level||4||3||Brachiosaur awaits.|| Wind Pneuma |
|7th Level||5||3||Brachiosaur awaits.|| Light Pneuma |
|8th Level||5||3||Brachiosaur awaits.|| Mog Amulet★4 |
|9th Level||6||3||Brachiosaur awaits.|| Gigantuar Bulb★3 |
|Highest Level: Ragnarok||7||3||Brachiosaur awaits.|| Magicite x300 |
Ability Ticket x30
Summon Ticket x4
The five levels after Ragnarok are set in an infinite loop, with a prize on the completion of the fifth area on each loop. Players cannot use Phoenix Downs to continue the battle if they lose, and the fifth "rental" card is not available.
The skirmishes here have a pre-set collection of fiends, but after the 35th kill they will change to other fiends, and again after the 85th kill. The third skirmish always remains as described.
|Phantasmic Coil (1)||8||3||Brachiosaur awaits.|
|Phantasmic Coil (2)||Brachiosaur awaits.|
|Phantasmic Coil (3)||Brachiosaur awaits.|
|Phantasmic Coil (4)||Brachiosaur awaits.|
|Phantasmic Coil (5)||Brachiosaur awaits.||Ability Ticket x5|
Anyone who completes all of the normal levels should make it within the top 30,000 players, though it may still require a run or two through the Phantasmic Coil to breach the top 10,000.
|1 – 50|
|51 – 100|
|101 – 500|
|501 – 1000|
|1001 – 2000|
|2001 – 3000|
|3001 – 5000|
|5001 – 10,000|
|10,001 – 20,000|
|20,001 – 30,000|
|Participation bonus||* Mystic Tablet x10|
- Mobius Final Fantasy News Page Announcement
- Conviction and Condemnation superthread on Reddit
- BuffMaister's compilation of the videos from the event
- Altema's event page from Nov 2018 (Japanese!)
The Brachiosaur is based on the Th'uban monster from Final Fantasy X. The music that plays during the event is the Boss Theme from FFX.