|“|| The erstwhile “Warrior of Light” who transformed a world caught in the struggle between hope and despair.
With the peoples’ memory now wiped by the Dark Flood, Wol is forgotten as the great hero who defeated Chaos, and now lives a quiet life of tedium with his secret past.
|~ MobiusFF official|
Wol is the generic name for the player character of Mobius Final Fantasy.
As the main playable character, the story of Mobius Final Fantasy focuses on Wol and his interactions with the other characters of the game as well as the events of the prophecy which foretold his coming to the land of Palamecia.
Wol is a very straightforward young man, to the point where he often appears cynical and nihilistic in his speech and reaction to events. There is however a more caring side to his character as displayed during the events of Chapter 2.
Unlike many of the other blanks, Wol does not succumb to the feeling of fulfillment that comes from performing his duties as a candidate for the Warrior of Light, but rather actively resists being drawn in by Palamecia, continuously questioning his own identity and role in this unfamiliar world.
- Wol has platinum hair, with an unkempt hairstyle.
- Wol wears a choker necklace with a small charm hanging in the very front. He appears to wear this underneath all of his Job outfits.
- Wol has a set of tattoos on both arms, including a ring of stylized hummingbirds around his biceps and a barbed wire pattern around his wrists. No explanation has been given for these, but are probably a remnant of his forgotten past.
- Wol has made appearances outside of Mobius Final Fantasy, including in Final Fantasy: Record Keeper and Puzzles & Dragons, and as collaboration vision cards in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius : War of the Visions (Global and Japan)
- The name wol is derived from the acronym of Warrior of Light (WoL = Wol)
- Wol is voiced in the Japanese version by Nobunaga Shimazaki, and in the English version of the game by Bryce Papenbrook